Friday 4 April 2014

Fab Fridays: March Favourites

Hello Everyone!
March has come and gone before our eyes and all of a sudden April is here! Finally after so long, summer is just around the corner and my bright coloured clothes are creeping back in front of my reds and blacks!
Spring brings the bright colours and the sunshine (most of the time) and it's just such a positive time of the year. I think its because school is nearing to a close for that gorgeous 3 month break and everyone seems to be in better moods.
Enough of my rambling lets get on to the post!


Makup and Powders- When it comes to buying foundation and even concealers I can be very fussy, so I normally go for the same ones/brand. My favourite foundations this month were the Rimmel Match Perfection and the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. The Rimmel London foundation is obviously my everyday foundation and I like to leave the MAC one for special occasions so I don't waste. 
My favourite concealer this month was definitely the Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer, it has been for quite a while now. I really like the full coverage effect this has and it is perfect to put on, on a early Monday morning. 
My favourite powder this month has been the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder. I have hear so many people rant and rave about how amazing this product was and I wanted to try it out for myself. Honestly, this product has such a lightweight feel to it, I don't even notice I have powder on. It still leaves that bit of a shine from your foundation and it doesn't look too matted.


Haircare- Being a girl who uses heat on her hair waaay too often I have to take good care of my hair. I've tried so many heat protection mist but by far the Toni&Guy Heat Protecting Mist has bet them all by a mile! The last time I proper trimmed my hair was right before Christmas, and the reason was it was so badly damaged from bleaching it! I haven't had to have a major trim on my hair since then because I started using this product. My split ends have reduced and there is much more moisture in my hair. 
My second favourite hair product this month was the Got2B Beach Matte Texturizing Salt Spray. Again, I have tried various different salt sprays but this is the one that I have liked the most. It smells amazing and leaves your hair with those effortless beach waves. 
My third favourite product this month was my L'Oreal Mythic oil. I love this mainly because it leaves you hair super soft and it doesn't leave it looking greasy after you use it. 
Last but not least is the Batiste Dry Shampoo. I have a lot of lazy days where I can't be bothered washing my hair and I will have somewhere to go the next day or even school and well I need to take that greasiness out of my hair and this does the trick! I have also had this for quite a while, so it even lasts you a long time.

 Eye Makeup- Like any girl I love a good mascara that gives me the luscious long "false" eyelash look without the actual false eyelash. I have come to the conclusion that if I want to get the false eyelash look you might as well buy some! I have tried so many mascaras and I never get that long eye lash effect that the adds promise you. However, that doesn't stop me from buying mascaras and my most recent purchase was the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves and I do like the end result it leaves on my lashes.
The second mascara I have been loving through the month of March is the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Retro Glam, the brush is very nice and it makes my eyelashes look that little bit longer.
Last mascara I have been loving is the Lancome Hypnose mascara. The brush on this is quite think so I mainly use it on my bottom lashes but it does add that extra length to my eyelashes. Although, it is expensive I would recommend it.
I love a nice winged eyeliner and both the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes and Eyeko eyeliners do that. The applicators are nice and thin and the have a long lasting effect.


 Lipsticks- My dark red and purples have been put away until autumn/winter again but for now my pinks are back! I am a lipstick hoarder and if I'm honest I have to many but I do enjoy a nice bright lipstick.
L-R: Maybeline Baby Lips, Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish 101, Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish 110 and Rimmel London Colour Rush.

Thanks again for reading as always!
Sarah x
Social Nets:
Twitter- @typicalblueyed
Instagram- @typicalblueeyedbrunette

No comments:

Post a Comment