Wednesday 13 August 2014

Andrea Russett Inspired Eye-Makeup Tutorial

Updated Post HERE!
Andrea Russett, a youtuber from Indiana, has the most incredible eye makeup on the internet(in my opinion)!
Since I started watching Andrea on youtube(link) I have adored her eye makeup and after messing around with some makeup, I thought I would do a tutorial for you guys.
I just want to mention that this is just inspired its not actually how Andrea does her makeup and as she hasnt done a tutorial we don't know how she goes about doing her eyes.
Lets get started!

Step 1:
I prime my eyes using the Maybelline Baby Skin. Honesty, I feel it works better than an Eye Primer.

Step 2:
Using the two lightest colours in my Lovable Luxuries palette(from Primark) I apply them as my base colour going up as far as my crease using the first brush in the picture above. A base colour preps your eyes and makes darker colours apply easier.

Step 3:
Using the angled brush at the far end start outlining the shape of the black eyeshadow. I treat this part as if I was doing a flick as you can see above.

Step 4:
Using the angled brush again I go from the line just made and work my way half way into the crease.

Step 5:

Using the same black and the two pink brushes in the middle fill in the space that was left on the eye previous. 

Step 6:
As you can see in the picture in step 5, the black is quite harsh. So I take my Real Techniques pointed foundation brush to blend it. At this point your eye should look like the above picture.

Step 7:
Add a black pencil eyeliner to your water line and a very thin liquid eyeliner line on your top lash line.

Step 8:
Add a good few coats of mascara to get Andreas long lashes. I use one coat of each mascara pictured above and the Clinique mascara is used on my lower lashes.

Finished:
Add some lipgloss and fix your eyebrows and you've got the Andrea Russett inspired Eye Makeup. This is perfect for Day or Night.

Hope that helps some of ya'll.
See you on Friday!
Sarah x


2 comments:

  1. This look looks nice :D
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, here's is my link: http://mariellasblog.blogspot.de/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your tutorial, Andrea! I really like the way you enhanced your eyes. This is the most challenging part to do, since a lot of people find it difficult to work with liquid eyeliner, or any eye color that would work with them. However, it looks like a piece of cake for you. Cheers!

    Nathaniel Holt @ Detail Woman

    ReplyDelete