Sunday 6 April 2014

Blogging 101

This is my first Wednesday post, I l'm just testing it out to see how it goes.
Anyway, everyday of the week there's some sort of chat for bloggers and I get quite a lot of links after I ask. I try my best to read them all but there are some things that I might see on a blog that wouldn't grab my attention as some others would.
There's a few things I love to see and then others that I don't, so I thought I would share them with you!
Originality- Having originality in your post grab my attention straight away. If I click on a blog and I've seen something similar somewhere else, it turns me off of the blog. In my opinion originality, not only in blogging, but in life makes you stand out and I am a great believer in standing out from the crowd and being original. If you're writing a post and you aren't sure if people will enjoy it, post it anyway because you will never know unless you try. I suppose what I'm trying to get at is be different in your posts, be different in the way you write, be different with the topic you are writing about. Be different!
Pictures- I think this is something that everyone will agree on. Picture quality must be good in order to fulfill an interesting blog. Also, when you are taking pictures off the internet such as Pinterest or WeHeartIt for every post it can quite boring as these are other people's photos and not your own. Not everybody has a good quality camera but it's shocking how much lightening and the background can make your photo sooo much better. Take the time for your blog and its amazing how much you can achieve.
Effort- Okay, this one is a bit of an oddballs, but if you want to blog you have to put effort into it. I know someone, (vintageteapot) that puts their heart and soul into blogging and you know what? She is damn good at it. Not having "enough time" to write a post or being "too tired" are silly excuses because if blogging is something you enjoy doing, you will put every last piece of energy you have into it. I know my self that writing each post for the week (Monday and Friday) takes up my whole weekend. Come on, exam and uni students know that it is a lot of work to get the 2 or 3 posts done for the week.

Well that's about all I have for now but I might do a part 2 to this post! We will just have to wait and see.
Let me know if you want me to keep up posting in Wednesdays.
See you Friday.
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment