Friday 14 March 2014

Fab Fridays: Book Worm!


Hello Everyone!
I've turned into a bit of a book worm recently and I'm pretty impressed with myself. I guess I have the Mortal Instrument books to thank for that. Since I got these books I can't put them down! So I thought I would share my love for these books with you guys.

Introduction:
In the first book we meet Clary Fray, a typical ordinary teenager who doesn't know she's a Shadowhunter. Clary is leading a normal teenage life until things start to change. When Clary is in a club with her best friend Simon Lewis, Clary notices a group of strange teenagers and follows them. Here she witnesses the group killing someone though the rest of the club don't seem to notice. It's not until she meets Jace Lightwood who tells her she is not a mundane (mortal-human) but a shadowhunter (demon hunter). This is where Clary's world begins to turn up-side down.

Main Characters:
Clarissa "Clary" Fray- Clary was raised by her mother along with other mundanes in order to keep her safe from the shadowhunter world.
Jace Lightwood- Jace is a highly skilled shadowhunter, who was sent to live with the Lightwoods after his 'father' was mudered.
Simon Lewis- Simon is Clary's geeky best friend who becomes a part of the shadowhunters in a way he never could have imagined.
Isabelle Lightwood- Isabelle is unbelievably girly but she has a fierce attitude, but she mightn't be as strong as she makes out.
Alec Lightwood- Alec is the eldest Lightwood and along with Jace is a highly skilled shadowhunter.



It was the film that made me want to read these books and when I found them in Easons I couldn't help but pick the all up at once and I am now on the last book! These books are full of action from start to finish and it is definitely a task to put them down at night. Not only have I fallen in love with the characters, I have kind of fallen in love with their world too. Yes I know they are in danger everyday but it's exciting and there is always something to keep you at the edge of your seat. Cassandra Clare's descriptive chapters drags you in from start to finish leaving your mouth open through the whole book with the twist and turns. I would recommend these books to all ages!

Thanks again for reading and don't be afraid to drop by my twitter and instagram and I will sure follow you back :)
Until Monday, 
Toodles.
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment