Friday 7 March 2014

Fab Friday: Love Lippies

Hello Everyone!
This week I have found it extremely difficult to keep up with posts and social media because it has been project week in school, meaning I had a lot of work to do. So I do apologise for Mondays short post.
So today I have decided to do a lipstick post (I'll try make it a monthly thing.)
Basically, I pick a brand of Lipstick, try it out and outline my favourite and least favourite things about it.


L-R: 110, 107, 101.
Shade 110:
Not going to lie, even though this is a matted shade I honestly don't feel it is when I apply it. This shade is a pink shade with an orange tint, which I love. I only got this a month ago but because I wear a lot of dark clothing, I felt the colour really brought life to my outfits. In my opinion this shade can be used all year around, which is an up side.

Shade 101:
This colour is more of a 'your lips but better' kind of shade. Its not very vibrant, so it's excellent for those trip to the shops or everyday school make-up look. I do like this shade but it does look matted on your lips, which is it's down fall. I find when I apply this particular shade it makes my lips look chapped. I haven't found this with the other matte shades but honestly if my lips didn't look chapped with this shade I would wear it everywhere!

Shade 107:
Oh yes, the famous 107! I got this shade because I had seen the likes of +Zoella rave about it constantly and I always seen her wearing it in vlogs and even on her pictures on Instagram. So I decided to check it out. Honestly, the shade isn't what I would typically go for, but I will wear it now and again when I have a maroon shirt or jumper on. Honestly this shade it more a winter shade because its dark, I can't see me wearing it during the summer. So I'm afraid this shade will probably be at the bottom of my lipstick box until October (sob).

Also Rimmels other downfall with these lipsticks is the 'long lasting, up to 8 hours' quote. In my opinion if you didn't eat or drink for the 8 hours it would probably last but if you're going out for a meal you will need to top it up a lot.
Do you find it doesn't last as long?

Thank you for reading :)
Toodles,
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment