Friday 2 May 2014

Makeup Look book: Spring

Apologies if this post is a bit on the long side.
As Summer is slowly creeping up on us, I have been experimenting with plenty of new makeup looks. Throughout Winter I loved a nice dark eye, but I thought I should brighten it up a bit. Recently I have been wearing a lot of pinks and light browns on my lids, and also nudes on my lips.
I have a Spring Day and Night look to show you guys and I hope you like them and if you are interested in these 'Makeup Tutorial' posts please don't be afraid to leave me a comment as I am open to everyone suggestions. Anything to make my blog that bit more interesting to people!
Okay enough of my babbling, lets get onto these looks.
 
Day
 
Step 1: Prime face with Maybelline Baby Skin Primer. I tend to focus on my t-zone but you can apply it all over your face if you prefer.
 
Step 2: Apply Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation all over your face. I applied mine using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.
 
Step 3: Using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder apply all over your face to set the foundation. I used the Sarah Ashton Powder Brush.
 
Step 4: Apply a thin line of liquid eyeliner to the top lash line. Make sure it is very thing because if it is too thick it looks a bit like a dark, winter style makeup. I used the 17 High Drama Intense Liquid Eyeliner.
 
Step 5: In my opinion adding mascara is essential in any makeup look. It adds volume and thickness. I use one coat of Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam and one coat of Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin Curves on my top lashes and on my bottom lashes I used one coat of the LancĂ´me Hypnose Mascara.
 
Step 6: To finish I apply the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes to cover up any dark circles. I blend it in with my Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush. I then set the concealer using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and Real Techniques Contour Brush.
 
Finished Look:
 
 
Night
Steps 1, 2 and 3 are repeated.
 
Step 4: When going out at night in spring it is A-Okay to darken your eyes and lips. So to achieve a nice dark smokey eye, use browns and blacks. Apply a light brown as the bad colour all over your lid and into the crease. Using a darker brown apply in the crease and in a "C" shape on the outer corner of the eye. Then using a clean detailer brush define the "C" shape made previously with a black eyeshadow.
 
Repeat steps 4 and 5 from above.
 
 Step 6: Lipstick, for me, is a must in any going out makeup look. I prefer a nice red lipstick. Using a lip brush apply from the outside of your lips in. I'm using the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish in 01.
 
Finished Look:

Please ignore my awkward selfies, I hate taking them!
That is it for yet another Friday post.
Sarah x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment