Friday 7 November 2014

Autumn Makeup: Dark Lip/Gold Eye

There is no doubt that Autumn has arrived and as I look out the window, the dark gloomy weather makes you want to snuggle in front of the fire with a hot chocolate and a Christmas Movie, I mean a good movie.
I love Autumn/Winter because the knitted jumpers are back in and so is the dark lips and dark eyes.
Without a doubt, I am a big fan of a gold eye and for Blue Eyes this look really does work wonders to make your eyes pop!
 Since the last time I done a makeup tutorial I have moved on from the same old products and ventured into the world of trying new things. For this post I will talk you through how I achieved this look and give a small review on my new products.
First things first, applying your foundation and concealer but I don't need to explain that I think we all know how to do this. About a month ago I started using the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Foundation and since then I've had a few comments about how nice it looks and not forgetting it lasts the whole day. Also I recently gave into the hype and bought the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and I am in love! It covers blemishes and under eye bags and it lasts. And as you can see I still have the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder and I still love it.

For the Gold Eye, I use the gold eyeshadow from the Elf Baked Eyeshadow Palette (in California). I love the Gold from this palette because it is so easy to apply and it stays on for the day without even using primer. I apply the colour on my eyelid and below my waterline. I then apply a few coats of Mascara using the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara.




Then add a nice dark lipstick. The one on the left is the Sleek Eau La La Liner in Raisin and the one on the right is the Rimmel Provocalips in Kiss Me You Fool and then the look is finished.
Until Monday
Sarah x




1 comment:

  1. I need to get my hands on those Rimmel lipsticks. They look so good.

    ReplyDelete